Saturday, May 30, 2009

...mid-may BLOG.



May 23: German Katie’s Themed Birthday Party
Had a pretty uneventful week, but anticipated my German friends 23 birthday celebration that would be on Saturday! It had been sometime since I actually just went over to a friends place to hang out. Her theme was to come dressed up representing a country. It ended up being a really neat idea. I tried to wear red, white, and blue to be America…I had no intention of spending money on an outfit. Some people pulled off some really good looks like Spain, Greece, China, etc...along with dressing up people brought drinks and food to go along with the country, so it was really nice to have some actual food with plenty of variety!
The next week consisted of my final tutorial activity in one class where I had to do a viva, in other words, an oral presentation. That ended up going really well which was a relief! In another class I had a group meeting for our final report! In our lectures, we started exam reviews and I have been doing a lot of final exam prep on my own. This week will be our last week of the normal semester schedule, which I can not believe! Thrilled at the same time to get finals over with of course!

May 29: Sunshine Coast Turf Club- Ladies Oaks: Race Day, Caloundra
Friday was an absolutely beautiful day! We used it very effectively as well I must admit! Woke up early, got all fancy, and headed to a friends apartment for a group breakfast. We spent all day at the horse races. There were so many people, many with awesome, classy outfits, hats, and fascinators. Unfortunately, I didn’t win any money, but then again I barely bet!

May 30: Eumundi Markets- Noosa Hinterlands
After the long anticipated waiting period, I finally went to the markets! Weekend after weekend I said I would, but something would come up or the weather would not cooperate! So after buses, trains, buses, and beautiful scenery, we made it to Eumundi and experienced the life of local vendors, original Australian made arts, crafts, clothes, jewelry, and food! We took advantage of all the free samples or course and spent a beautiful day outside browsing the booths.

No comments:

Post a Comment